2012年4月29日星期日

Say Stoooolmen

Why have I been absent on the blog for more than then norm (though to be fair, I am ridiculously precious about posting everyday... whatever 'normal' levels of blogging behaviour that exist are sort of dismissed...)?  I've been getting chummy with some long white poles and two men.  That sounds more wrong that it actually is of course.  

DSC_1842 DSC_1843

What/who I've actually been getting familiar with are the poles from Ikea's Stolmen wardrobe system and two men from Express Wardrobe, a company that does your flat pack assembly for you.  One might call me copping out of the whole DIY spirit but if you've seen me handle an allen key or worse a power tool that might send spinning screws flying into people's eyes and that Steve is only mildly better (well, he's never poked an eye out...) then you'll get why I had to call these dudes.  I'd long decided on Stolmen to replace what can only be described as a makeshift clothes sausage stuffer (shelves with clothes hanging onto it for dear life...) and for once, I actually acted out on a plan - ta da - way-hey - I'm not just a hair-brained dreamer with too many thoughts and not enough action.  I spent a few hours drawing up a Stolmen plan that made me feel like I was at in the D.T. hut again and felt very accomplished ordering the exact requisite amount of shelves,Nike Air Max 2012 Mens, poles, suspension thingies and drawers... frick,Coolest Gadgets, what are those suspension things called...

DSC_1849

Friday was dubbed 'Stolmen' day and I spent the day peering into my bedroom making sure the Express Wardrobe guys didn't need an endless stream of tea to keep them going (it turns out they don't need such a trifling beverage...) and basically saying "Wow you guys WORK fast!" and them laughing uncomfortably because I was in awe of an efficient power tool.  Turns out they knew the Stolmen system WELL and took my ickle plan and basically tore it apart as I had omitted details like err...skirting boards, pipes, bracket sizing and well, general Stolmen common sense.  Which is why they were able to put this together...

DSC_1847

...and I'm better off left to my DIY bimbotic ways of going "Ohhh, I can't wait to fill that up,discount soccer jerseys!".  Pftttt...

Morplan gave me plenty of hanger options for me to do some filling and actually I might need to explore their hangers more regularly seeing as the metal sliding peg hangers, when hung on the rail make me feel like I'm going through a shop rail... which in turns gives me the feeling of shopping for something new... which also supports my whole airhead 'credit card ditz' thing that I've got going with regards to my new wardrobe system experience... 

DSC_1851 DSC_1854

Behold... all hangers up, rails are heaving (as if they were ever going to be sparse) and there's still space left (the top shelves are meant for the boring things that need to be hidden though)!  This isn't alas an excuse to just fill it up with new additions but hopefully the start of a culling system whereby I can spot things and go "Alright...offski you go..."

DSC_1865

Colour co-ordination with printed pieces just isn't as effective as a solid colour rainbow goddamnit...

DSC_1867

Rifling through skirts on peg hangers... more fun than rifling through err...wooden ones...

DSC_1875

Who knows when there will need to be additional shelves for these but the beauty of the Stolmen is the addition of components... that was a spokesperson quote right there... I welcome free suspension thingies if anyone in Wembley Ikea's warehouse is listening...

DSC_1869

There'll be over spillage and in all honesty, I do probably need a second bedroom but I'm staying put for a while (for many reasons...) and Stolmen is sorting it out for the moment... a cheer for a ton of fibre board masquerading as a wardrobe! 

没有评论:

发表评论