2012年4月30日星期一

Shoe Sistahs

>> This is a small and inconsequential tidbit that tickles me for the festive season as two pairs of shoes reunite after five years of err... abuse with one pair and immaculate up-keep with the other.  Quite literally, the second post ever on Style Bubble revolved around Pop Magazine (when it was under Katie Grand and lots of furry animals would be in the issues)'s Pop-Up shop at Selfridges which sold limited edition products from the likes of Lanvin,club soccer jerseys, Mulberry and Luella.  A few months later, I nabbed the Miu Miu platform heels from the collaboration in the sale and forked over £130 in cash and they've been worn and torn ever since,nike soccer shoes, losing one singular gem stone on the way.  The grotty soles bear the marks of severe pavement pounding, cobblestone stumbling and dancefloor greasing.  This fate will soon befall upon its glittery counterpart with a gem-encrusted lower heel, which I bought on eBay.  I was slightly worried when I thought my eBay habit was waning this year.  This was surely a sign of laziness to not be bovvered to search through the usual searchterm list.  It picked up again towards the end of the year and weirdly upon looking at the seller's PayPal address, I discovered I actually knew the person in real life making the transaction even sweeter.  Her trash, my treasure and all that.

So here they are reunited - the old-new shoe with the old-old shoe,cheap jerseys, both glinting away and beckoning for crusty feet to rough em' up over the festive period... 

IMG_9462

IMG_9467

IMG_9447

IMG_9463

IMG_9464

没有评论:

发表评论