2012年8月18日星期六

4 Easy “Nail Hacks” That Really Work

4 Easy “Nail Hacks” That Really Work

Essie Blanc polish

You know what I hate? Runny, thin nail polish. In my opinion, every nail polish should be 100% opaque by the third coat – hah, wouldn’t that be nice? Unfortunately, many of my beloved neon shades used to take 4-5+ coats to achieve this, which was a total pain.

Now, I can achieve an opaque look with three coats using any nail polish – as long as I use white underneath. Anytime you’re having issues with an un-pigmented formula, just use an opaque white (I like Essie’s Blanc, $6 at Amazon) and then put one or two coats of your regular polish on top.

The white polish provides a blank canvas and really shows off even the most un-pigmented formulas. Best of all Louis Vuitton, you can’t even tell a white coat was used – all you’ll see is perfect coverage!

2. Use Cold Water to Speed Up Drying Time

Water on nail polish
image via Beauty Fool

I really did not believe this until I tried it – really, you’re going to tell me something as basic as running my nails under cold water will help me dry them? But it actually does work!

Once your nails are halfway dry (dry to the touch, at least) run them under cold water for about 30 seconds. I don’t know the science behind it, but somehow this makes nails dry so much faster! Try it yourself and you’ll see.

3. Restore Goopy Polish with Nail Polish Thinner

seche-restore

I’ve already written about how every girl needs some of this in her stash, but let me reiterate: nail polish thinner is a a godsend.

I notice, especially with base and top coats, that polish will get goopy halfway down the bottle. I know that I don’t want to throw away that goopy half, especially if I’ve spent $8 on it! A drop or two of nail polish thinner (I use Seche Restore Coach Purse, $7.95 at Amazon) and your formula will be as good as new again.

4. Taking Off Glitter Polish with Cotton Balls & Foil

During the cold months, I love, love, love glitter polish. What I don’t love is removing it – it always used to take me forever.

But the video above shows you an easy way to do it, using nail polish remover (she uses pure acetone Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet, but normal remover also works coach shoe outlet,) cotton balls (she uses felt Louis Vuitton outlet, but cotton works just as well) and aluminum foil?– start in at around 1:36 – which will save you so much time and energy when dealing with glitter polish!

What do you guys think?

Do you have any favorite nail hacks? What are they? Have you used any of these? Tell me everything and more in the comments section!

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论