2012年9月10日星期一

3 Easy Makeup Looks to Streamline Your Summer

3 Easy Makeup Looks to Streamline Your Summer

Advertisement



Radhika Written by Radhika

Make the most of your summer (and spring!) with these time-saving tips and quick makeup looks from guest blogger Radhika.

Makeup competes with other treats when summer rolls around

Having spent a good part of my life in South India, summers really aren��t my favorite time of year, and then there were those days in college walking around a campus without trees! Back then,Cheap NFL Jerseys, my summer makeup routine consisted of a shaky line with a black eyeliner, and it hasn’t changed much over the years.

Sure, I take a little extra care with the moisturizer now, and try not to forget my sunscreen, but the last thing I want to do on a glorious (or sweltering!) summer day is spend time in front of the mirror on an elaborate makeup look. In summer, my priorities lie elsewhere, like in the frozen food aisle. :D

The sooner I get out of the house, the better, and with that in mind, here are 3 quick makeup looks that I depend on each summer.

1. Fresh-faced and natural

This look has always been a favorite with my husband, and for a while I walked around with the mistaken belief that it had something to do with the way I look! Turns out, it has more to do with how fast I can be ready to head out the door.

Much as I hate accepting that he’s right about anything,Coach Outlet Store Online, the lazy side of me has to agree with him on this one. :P It��s not every day that I have passably clear skin, but on days that I do,Cheap Jerseys, this is my go-to makeup.

A fresh-faced natural summer makeup look

First, I dab some corrector/concealer on my dark circles to make them a little less scary. Then, I use a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen in it, and apply foundation only to my problem areas. I wait a few minutes for that to set, and then blot with a tissue to remove any excess. I finish with a powder to set — only on the shiny areas that need it the most, like around my nose and chin.

My summer makeup essentials

Next, I dust on a matte brown eyeshadow, a black liner for tightlining (I lift the upper eyelid slightly to help with the lining), and a dark mascara to brighten the eyes.

That’s it! All done — well, almost. Rather than using a bronzer, I prefer peach-coral blushes that give a natural flush of colour with a hint of summer tan. And a dab of coral or pink lipgloss.

A dab of coral or pink lipgloss

2. The statement lip

Some days are just gloomier than the others, and I’ll grasp at anything to make them more cheery. More often than not, the “anything” is a bag of Cheetos, but a more tummy-friendly option is to add a pop of colour to my makeup. Reds rule the roost when it comes to the classic statement lip, but a summer version for me includes colours like pink and coral. My current favorite: MAC Captive.

MAC Captive

I start with well-scrubbed lips (a gentle sugar scrub works great, but so does an old toothbrush), apply lip balm, and wait a few minutes for it to absorb and soften your lips.

A gentle sugar scrub

Dab away any excess balm, and apply your lipstick with a lip brush (gives a more even application than applying directly, imo), blot and reapply. If the colour needs any more help, I’ll add a fill-in colour with a lip liner.

A fill-in colour with a lip liner

For this look, I’ll keep the rest of my makeup neutral, with my trusty black liner along my lash line and a hint of blush.

3. A soft smokey look

A dark smokey eye has been my favorite makeup look ever since someone told me it would make my eyes look smaller. :D I don��t know how effective it is at that, but a simple smokey eye is fairly easy, even for a blending klutz like me,The New LORAC Holiday Lip Gloss Collection Is Tie Dye For! Not something I would ordinarily pick for a bright summer day, but there are times when I just want something more than a basic eyeliner, and an easy compromise is a smudged black (or brown/ plum) eyeliner with a brown eyeshadow, for a short-cut version of a soft smokey eye.

A shortcut version of a soft smokey eye

I can’t imagine makeup easier than this,Louis Vuitton outlet! I start with a primer (currently loving the UD version), followed by a black liner close to my lash line. Smudge the liner with a blending brush, concentrating some of the colour into the outer corner. Then, using the same brush,louis vuitton online,Topshop Cheeks in Luminescence Is Sticking It to MAC Nymphette, I brush on a brown eyeshadow (or something else you like with your skin tone) over the entire lid, and blend out near the crease, before curling my lashes and applying mascara.

Finish with liner, a dark shadow and mascara

A beige lip and a dusting of soft peach blush finish the look. :)

Well, those are my favorite looks to wear over the summer, but if there��s one thing I’ve learnt over the years, it’s that nothing makes makeup easier than having healthy skin. Take it from the laziest girl around, it’s easier when my skin is in good shape. Drink plenty of water, go for a brisk walk, and get a good night’s sleep — and, of course, don��t forget the sunscreen!

Now, if only I could always remember to do all of that…

Radhika Written by Radhika

Hi! I’m Radhika, an Indian staying in sunny California. I love writing (well, talking, but writing sounds better, doesn’t it?) and discovered a love for photography through blogging. I can normally be found at My Weekend Ramblings, a blog about skincare and makeup (but it’s also about food, photography, travel, and all of the other things that make for a happy week).

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论