2012年9月10日星期一

Just How Glittery Is the Urban Decay Vegan Palette

Just How Glittery Is the Urban Decay Vegan Palette?

Advertisement



urban decay vegan palette review swatches

Ladies, I have an awful case of kitten fever (now with makeup complications).

Because I want a second cat — err, I mean, “Tabs needs a coworker” — I’ve been surfing rescue kitty websites and bookmarking prospective kitty candidates, but whenever I run one of them by El Hub,Kissing You Again- The Benefit Ultra Shines Lipgloss Line Brings Back a Cult (and Personal) Fave, he replies with grumble, grumble,coach handbags sale, grumble, “just feeding the CCL fire.”

And that’s not all: Tabs hasn’t been very supportive of the idea either. When I showed him the last batch of kitty resumes,Cheap Jerseys, he shot me a dirty look! :(

Whatev… The boys don’t have final say in the matter. I do.

Come hell or high water, a kitten like the one on the new Urban Decay Vegan Palette ($34) will find its way into my arms.

urban decay vegan palette review swatches

She’s adorable, right?

UD decorated the box with sweet animal illustrations and filled it with six shimmery shades of brown,Louis Vuitton Purses, green, blue and gray eyeshadow.

The shadows happen to be Urban Decay’s bestselling “vegan” shades — colors made without any animal byproducts (two paws up from Tabs!).

They also threw in a travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero (a matte black) and a tiny bottle of shimmery champagne Sin Primer Potion.

I really like how well the colors in this palette work together, with work being the figurative word. Urban Decay included a good mix of “responsible” colors, like Twice Baked, Smog and Half Baked, and fun, glittery shades like Minx, Urb and Gunmetal. Like other UD shadows, all of these blend easily and have fantastic color payoff.

But there is one thing I wish I could change: the amount of glitter in Minx, Urb and Gunmental.

I did an eye look today using all six of the shadows, and while I like how it turned out, I felt like I spent a little too much time time dealing with the excess glitter that had fallen from my eyes down to my cheeks. I’m talking LOADS of it, yo,Cheap NFL Jerseys! Some even got on my ear (although I’m still not exactly sure how it happened).

TIP: When doing glittery eye looks,Coach Outlet Online Store, start with your eyes first. That way you can remove any stray glitter before you apply your foundation, concealer and/or powder.

Having to clean up glitter after doing my eyes doesn’t ruin the palette for me, but it’s probably worth keeping in mind.

urban decay vegan palette review swatches
Swatches (all on NC35 skin) from left: Minx, Urb, Gunmetal

urban decay vegan palette review swatches
From left: Twice Baked, Smog, Half Baked, Zero

urban decay vegan palette review swatches
All the Urban Decay Vegan palette swatches

urban decay vegan palette review swatches

urban decay vegan palette review swatches

Overall, I like the Vegan palette and feel it’s a solid buy, but I like the flexibility of Urban Decay’s Naked even more. Available at Sephora and online at urbandecay.com. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+

I Do is a DO!

So I ended up really liking that French romantic comedy I rented last night. :)

It’s quirky, funny, and maybe a little cheesy, but also thoroughly enjoyable. Sometimes I’m too lazy to read subtitles (so lame,MAC Make-Up Art Cosmetics Face of the Day with the Notoriety Quad, but it’s the truth), but this time I didn’t mind at all. Think about it next time you’re in the mood for something light and fun.

We’re done with Wednesday, WOOT! How was yours? Didn’t it go by fast?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论