2012年9月10日星期一

One Way to Remove Glitter Nail Polish

One Way to Remove Glitter Nail Polish,Coach Official Website

Advertisement



how-to-remove-glitter-polish

Would you believe my glittery Illamasqua Harsh mani lasted all but one day?

It wasn’t the polish’s fault. Coco and Co. were to blame! Late yesterday afternoon,Cheap Jerseys, the new Chanel Jade nail polishes I’ve been dying to try arrived in the mail (swatches coming soon!).

Glittery nail polishes can be notoriously difficult to remove — so difficult,Cheap NFL Jerseys, in fact, that some women refuse to wear them at all. Those little bits of glitter will just grip nails with a fierceness and refuse to let go!

When I sat down to remove my polish a few minutes ago, I remembered that a few of you, including reader Sarah, asked about it too.

Hi, Sarah. :) Here’s a way to remove glittery nail polishes that works pretty well for me:

What you’ll need Glitter polish removal, step-by-step
  • Start by thoroughly soaking a cotton ball or pad with the nail polish remover.
  • Place the soaked pad on the nail,Coach Outlet Online, making sure you cover it from cuticle to tip, and gently press down.

Acetone removers and glitter polish: There are many different varieties of nail polish remover, but ones containing acetone (a colorless, flammable solvent also found in many household cleaners and chemicals like paint thinner) seem to work faster than the non-acetone polishes I’ve tried, at least when it comes to removing glittery polish. Acetone is not a green chemical, however, and can be rather harsh on nails (making them dry/brittle), so I try to limit my use of it to polishes with glitter.

One brand I like is Zoya’s Remove +. It works well without over-drying my nails.

  • Hold the moistened pad in place for 30 seconds to give the remover time to work its mojo.

TIP: When I don’t have a clock nearby, I hum the Happy Birthday song to myself three times. That takes me about 30 seconds. :)

  • Gently slide the moistened cotton ball/pad from the cuticle to the tip of each nail. Most of the glitter should rub away, but remove whatever’s left with the same pad.
  • Repeat the same process for each of your other nails.
  • When you’re finished, wash your hands and nails well to remove the acetone and any stray bits of glitter that were left behind.

A remover just for glitter polishes? While surfing the web I spied a remover specifically designed for glitter called Cutex Glitter Girls Acetone Nail Polish Remover ($3). Have you given it a try? If you think it’s any good,cheap louis vuitton handbags, please let me know.

  • You can help to keep your nails healthy after using acetone on them by using a nail polish moisturizer like Nailtiques Nail Moisturizer. It has a thick, rich formula and a light vanilla scent.
Sin Nombre: Beautiful cinematography, intense story

sin-nombre

How was your night?

I rented Sin Nombre, a subtitled film about a teenage Central American gang member who tries to escape the gang by heading north to the US. He joins up with a Honduran family also heading north but for different reasons.

The movie won both the cinematography and directorial awards at the Sundance Film Festival this year. I don’t understand a lick of Spanish, but I probably could’ve watched the whole movie without subtitles. It’s that captivating!

I didn’t know this before seeing the movie, but the director, Cary Fukunaga, was born not far away from here in Oakland and graduated from UC Santa Cruz. Amazingly,MAC Cosmetics Face of the Day- Hot Pink and Silver, Sin Nombre is his first feature film.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论