2012年9月10日星期一

Dueling Naked Strangers, Exposed! The Illamasqua N

Dueling Naked Strangers, Exposed! The Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection Is Thunderdome Approved

Advertisement



illamasqua naked strangers collection

Preparing for the Thunderdome is a pain in the @ss.

There, I said it.

So many things to consider! First, there’s the whole post-apocalyptic desert thing, with the lack of potable water and modern dentistry, and the roving mutant gangs. Then, as if the mutants weren’t bad enough, I spend half my time collecting enough pig poop to fuel my ride!

Ridiculous…

Oh, and on top of everything else, I have to stay fit and makeup ready at all times, because I never know when I’m going to be called up to fight in the Thunderdome.

Seriously, who wants to go toe-to-toe with a giant mutant wearing black studded-leather chaps without at least looking the part?

Right?

Needless to say, I’m pretty stoked about the new seven-piece Illamasqua Naked Strangers collection for cheeks, lips and nails…

Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection

The futuristic warrior princess modeling makeup for the Naked Strangers campaign looks all kinds of fierce,The Bronze Goddess Is Back- Estee Lauder Summer 2010! — like she’d be all, “Thunderdome? Sure,Two Ways to Win a $50 eGift Card from Sephora!_11111, sign me up.” Her makeup mixes nude, pink, gold and beige shades for cheeks,Cheap NFL Jerseys, lips and nails with a pair of seriously smoldering smokey eyes.

Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection

I’ve been giving a lot of thought to this whole Thunderdome thing…and I’ve mapped out a plan that utilizes tactics that usually worked for the girls who got into fights back in middle school.

  1. Remove any dangling jewelry, like hoop earrings and necklaces, to maximize combat efficiency
  2. Grease up with Vaseline, so that my opponent’s claws can’t get any purchase on my arms/cheeks
  3. Trash talk, trash talk, trash talk
  4. Apply Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Intimacy (a nude pinkish brown) and Cream Blusher in Zygomatic (also a nude pinkish brown) from the Naked Strangers collection before, during and after the fight

Generally, one never wants to look too overdone for a Thunderdome duel (it’s just not professional), and both of these two neutrals should be perfect for that.

illamasqua zygomatic intimacy
Sheer Lipgloss in Intimacy and Cream Blusher in Zygomatic

Cream Blusher in Zygomatic

See those dots of gold on the top? Purely for decoration. I dug into the pan to see if there were more pieces hiding beneath the surface, and as far as I could tell, there weren’t.

As much I like seeing them on the blusher itself, I ended up flicking them off… I just couldn’t get used to seeing myself with one random piece of gold on my left cheek.

I really like this pinkish brown because,Cheap Jerseys, unlike death matches, it’s pleasantly easy. The slick, thin texture melts into my skin, lasts between 6-7 hours, and I think it looks natural on both a bare face or atop foundation.

The finish also has a hint of shine to it that gives it some extra dimension, which I love
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A

Sheer Lipgloss in Intimacy

Tame by Illamasqua standards (remember Human Fundamentalism’s teal and purple lips?), this sheer pinkish brown gloss, which has a sprinkling of shimmer and comes with a brush applicator, has everyday color written all over it.

Thick and sticky, the consistency reminds me a lot of MAC Lipglasses; I clock the wear time at between 4-5 hours.

I’m not crazy about the fruit punch flavor and scent…but both are faint and fade within about a minute. They definitely don’t ruin the color for me, and I fully expect to finish this tube.
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+

illamasqua zygomatic
Cream Blusher in Zygomatic

illamasqua intimacy
Sheer Lipgloss in Intimacy

illamasqua zygomatic intimacy swatches
Cream Blusher in Zygomatic on the left and Sheer Lipgloss in Intimacy on the right

illamasqua naked strangers collection

The Illamasqua Naked Strangers collection
  • A seven-piece, limited edition collection for cheeks, lips and nails
  • Inspired by bare naked flesh (I wonder if they were thinking of the Bay to Breakers, LOL!) and nude tones
  • Includes three Nail Varnishes in Monogamous (creamy,Coach Outlet, fleshy pink), Faithful (a coppery metal) or Swinger (a glistening platinum gold), about $21 each; Lipgloss in Stranger (a platinum gold) and Sheer Lipgloss in Intimacy (a nude pinkish brown), about $20 each; and Powder Blusher in Naked Rose (a neutral beige-brown) and Cream Blusher in Zygomatic (a naked pinkish brown), about $25 each
  • Available now on Illamasqua.com (you’ll have to register by creating an account first to even view it),cheap monster beats for sale, internationally at Sephora stores beginning May 31, and sephora.com starting June 7
No, I am not a naked stranger in these pics…

…because I’m wearing my Band Oh reversible tube top, which I actually really like! :)

I wore it beneath a couple of tops last week,Louis Vuitton outlet online, and it stayed up just fine. I just have to make sure I wear the side with the black Band Oh tag closer to my ‘pits, because the first time I wore it, I think I had it upside down (with the tag was closer to my bellybutton), and the tube top kept falling down to my waist, whoops!

I may have to check out a few more colors when I stop by Nordstrom for Mascara Madness this Saturday.

Hope you’re having a nice Thursday so far. I’m thinking about making a Starbucks run. Can I bring you anything back?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论