2012年5月8日星期二

Day 3 and people are HURTIN’

Day 3 and people are HURTIN’. The day after Halloween is always a good time in the morning. The night’s highlight for me was watching a giant pac man chasing a giant ghost down the streets of NYC in the lower east side. It was crazy here last night, insane energy and costumes everywhere you looked. Our group had dinner and many drinks and I did the responsible thing and headed in for sleep before midnight. By the looks of the others, they didn’t follow the same plan. First person I saw was April, Morning Show intern who came out here to help out. She was walking down the street towards coffee (where I just left) and says to me “when your friend says ‘let’s go to the zombie’ house at 2 in the morning, you should just say no. I’m going to get some coffee”.

I got in the studio after waiting a while to get let in…the staff of Gigantic were crashed out in the control room after what I’m guessing was 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I haven’t gotten the guts to ask them yet. But that’s impressive that they’re able to go right into mixing out bands and helping out after that…although I’m not sure they’re even awake right now.

I kept the opening set nice and mellow for everyone nursing their hangovers and sugar…overs then +/- blew that all to hell with an EXPLOSIVE set of rock. Totally moody..in a Slint kind of way. Great stuff. Cheryl was in heaven, I’m guessing she actually got some sleep last night…

The band Canada were next and man….somewhere between Bound Stems (from earlier in the week) and Arcade Fire. There were what seemed to be dozens of them in the room playing and they ended the set in the round, clapping and yelling at the top of their lungs. Beautiful. I cannot tell you how much you would love them live, if you can see them, do. Check out the performance on today’s live podcast.

The Broken West made their radio debut today, on Merge Records and putting out a debut in the near future and it was great to have them on and discover them along with all of you. AND we had some parents of the band in the front row. You love seeing that.

120 Days finished the day with 2 songs. Now that might mean a quick set but when you let a band play 2 10 minute songs that’s a totally different experience. Great in-studio.

That’s about it. We’re getting a little run down and warn out but all for the cause and its worth living in this recording studio 12 hours a day. I’m off to see The Knife with Kevin and Cheryl is off to see Tapes n Tapes. We’ll represent for you all!Tomorrow, Hot Chip, Forward Russia, Tokyo Police Club, Fields, Low Frequencey Stereo!!!

I’m bringing a LOT of coffee.

Check out Doron’s pictures from all three days (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)

Related to the theme articles:

没有评论:

发表评论